Search British Standards
Search the complete British Standards database for the standard or product that you are looking for using our 'Smart Search':
Enter the BS number, British Standards document title, ISBN number or any relevant query text and click 'Search':
(Remember that you can also search for ISO standards - simply enter the ISO reference)
British Standards Institution
BSI British Standards is the UK's national standards organization that produces standards and information products that promote and share best practice.
The BSI was founded in 1901 and subsequently received a Royal Charter which meant that it became the recognised national body responsible for the development and agreement of standards.
This was done in response to the demand from buyers that products would meet defined specifications and performance measures.
It serves the interests of a wide range of industry sectors as well as governments, consumers, employees and society overall, to make sure that British, European and international standards are useful, relevant and authoritative.
The BSI represents the UK's interests in international and European standards organizations such as ISO, IEC, CEN
, CENELEC and ETSI
Standards are available online for pdf download or next day/standard delivery, either as a printed publication or CD-ROM/DVD depending on the product selected.
Top 10 Publications
- BS ISO 45001:2018 Occupational health and safety management systems. Requirements with guidance for use.
- BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems. Requirements.
- BS EN ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management systems. Requirements with guidance for use.
- BS EN ISO 50001:2018 Energy management systems. Requirements with guidance for use.
- BS 7671:2018 Requirements for electrical installations. IET Wiring Regulations.
- BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
- BS EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017 Information technology. Security techniques. Information security management systems. Requirements.
- BS EN ISO 19011:2018 Guidelines for auditing management systems.
- BS 499-1:2009 Welding Terms and Symbols. Glossary for welding, brazing and thermal cutting.
- BS 5266-1:2016 Emergency lighting. Code of practice for the emergency lighting of premises.
- BS ISO 55000:2014 Asset management. Overview, principles and terminology.
- BS ISO 55001:2014 Asset management. Management systems. Requirements.
- PD ISO/TS 22002-1:2009 Prerequisite programmes on food safety for food manufacturing.
- BS 4422:2005 Fire. Vocabulary.
- BIP 2109:2013 The design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of fire detection and fire alarm systems in non-domestic premises. A guide to BS 5839-1:2013.
- BIP 0008-2:2008 Evidential Weight and legal admissibility of information communicated electronically. Code of practice for the implementation of BS 10008.
- BIP 0017:2006 Universal Decimal Classification (UDC). Complete edition. Volumes 1 & 2
Note that we also supply ISO standards and IEC standards as pdf downloads. If required, the ISO and IEC standards can also be purchased in hardcopy format using express delivery or standard delivery services.